Applications are for ACEM international scholarships. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist the presentation and participation of medical doctors and other medical specialists from developing countries to the ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting. The worth of this scholarship is worth AUD$50,000. It helps in increasing awareness and aid for emergency medicine in developing countries. All the details concerning ACEM international scholarships are inside this article.
Field of Study of ACEM International Scholarships
The ACEM International Scholarships 2020is a Short Course/Training for college students.
The ACEM International Scholarships are organized in Australia.
Eligible Nationality for ACEM International Scholarships
ACEM Scholarships are open to students from developing countries.
The following are the benefits of this scholarship:
- AUD$8,000 per recipient, with a maximum of AUD$50,000.
- The scholarship is to be used to cover the return economy-class airfares, visa, accommodation, travel, and living expenses while the recipient(s) are in Australia or New Zealand.
- The Scholarship may include visiting emergency departments within Australia and New Zealand to help increase the scholarship recipients’ skills and understanding of emergency medical systems and standards throughout Australasia.
- The recipients are presented with a certificate of the scholarship at the College Ceremony held in November every year.
- Present at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Actual or potential leadership capacity in emergency medicine in the nominee’s country
- Engagement in an area of work that would benefit from the opportunities and learning experiences at the ASM
- Explanation of the value of the scholarship for the nominee, their environment and their country
- Well-established relationships with FACEMs and is from a country with strong linkages with Fellows of the College
- Have a reference from a Fellow or trainee of ACEM.
Eligibility For The ACEM International Scholarships
To be eligible to nominate the nominator:
- Must either be a Fellow or trainee of ACEM in good standing of the College
- Have developed linkages with the nominee through previous international emergency medicine development activities in the nominee’s country
- Willing to accept responsibility for arranging a suitable program for the nominee (in liaison with the International Emergency Medicine Committee Administrator)
- Attend both the ACEM College Ceremony and ASM as a personal host of the nominee.
To be nominated, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A doctor or other health professional from developing countries
- An actual or potential leader in the development of emergency medicine in their country
- Secured a committed sponsor who will host them and arrange their program
- Present on the challenges and opportunities relating to the development of emergency medicine in their country at the ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) in the relevant year
- Give permission for ACEM to use their ASM presentation, and personal and professional information, including a photograph, for the purposes of publishing in the ASM program and other promotional material
- Is able to apply for his/her visa to travel to Australia/New Zealand prior to 31 July in the year of the application.
Selection Criteria: A Panel from the International Emergency Medicine Committee reviews applications and the ACEM Foundation awards the scholarship, all based on the following criteria:
- Scope for the FACEM sponsor (or other FACEMs) to support the development of emergency medicine in the nominee’s country
- From region which is a priority for the College
- Doesn’t have significant support from other sources
- No previous record of attendance at any major emergency medicine conference(s).
The Obligations for this program are:
- Responsible for arranging a suitable program for the scholar (in liaison with the International Emergency Medicine Committee Administrator)
- Provide a report detailing the scholar’s experience to the ACEM Foundation by 1 February of the year following the scholarship.
Duration of Program:
The program is going to last for a period of seven days.
How To Apply For The ACEM International Scholarships 2020
If the nominator and nominee meet the selection criteria above.
- Read the full terms and conditions
- Complete the application form by 5th May and provide necessary document
- Email the application to ACEM.
Deadline For The Application Of ACEM Scholarships 2020
The Application deadline is on May 5, 2020, after which further applications will not be considered.
The Link for this Scholarship
For More Information and application of the ACEM Scholarships 2020. Click on the link below: