Applications are been invited from Jamaicans for the Chevening Scholarships for Jamaican Students for 2021-2022. Applicants for this program must also ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to the later to avoid disqualification of any sort. Hurry and apply now!
ABOUT CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS:
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards program aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by the British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
All former scholars and fellows, from 1983 to present, can reconnect with their classmates by joining the Chevening community platform.
CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS:
Chevening Scholarships in Jamaica are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year taught Master’s degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Jamaica can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution, when selecting your field of study please refer to the UK priorities in your Country.
LEVEl OF STUDY:
The Chevening scholarship is for a one year masters taught program
FIELD OF STUDY:
There are numerous fields of study available to Jamaicans to choose from, amongst which include:
- Governance, Security and Human Rights
- Economics, Trade, and Business Management
- Energy and Climate Change
- Climate change
- Crime prevention
- Good governance
- Human rights
This scholarship is to be taken in the UK.
The scholarship is for Jamaican students.
The scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a monthly stipend
- travel to the UK from your country at the beginning of your award
- travel from the UK back to your country at the end of your award
- an arrival and departure allowance
- a thesis or dissertation grant
- the cost of one visa application
- university tuition fees. There is also a global Chevening fee cap of £13,000 for an MBA and a Masters in Finance. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.
You can also see more benefits by clicking to see the official site here
The Chevening scholarship requirements include:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so please refer to your country page for further details).
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July.
To know more about the requirements, please click here to see the official link
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
To see how to apply for the Chevening scholarship, we invite you to see the official application site of the Chevening scholarship for Jamaicans Here
Applications for 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships are open between 12:00 BST on 6 August 2020 and 12:00 GMT on 6 November 2020. Applications for some Chevening Fellowships are also now open.