The New York Public Library is providing the Cullman Center Fellowship for international students. The fellowship is being given to scholars who have been outstanding such as writers, journalists, independent scholars, creative writers, etc.
The Cullman Center fellowship for international students looks for top-quality writing from academics as well as from creative writers and independent scholars. The sole aim is to encourage good communication about literature and scholarship at the very highest level—within the Center, in public forums throughout the Library, and in the Fellows’ published work.
“The New York Public Library has provided essential access to books and information for more than a century. Today, we are building on that legacy by increasing access to our collections physically and online, and by transforming our libraries into proactive centers of education and opportunity for all New Yorkers ”
Scholarship Level/Field for Cullman Center Fellowship
Fellowship is available for outstanding scholars and writers—academics, independent scholars, journalists, and creative writers pursuing the research program.
Host Nationality for Cullman Center Fellowship
Cullman Center Fellowship is held in the US. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States.
The Cullman Center Fellowships are being awarded to individuals or partners comes with the following benefits;
- A Cullman Center Fellow receives a stipend of up to $70,000, an office, a computer, and full access to the Library’s physical and electronic resources.
- Fellows work at the Center for the duration of the fellowship term, which runs from September through May.
- Each Fellow gives a talk over lunch on current work-in-progress to the other Fellows and to a wide range of invited guests and may be asked to take part in other programs at The New York Public Library.
Eligible Nationality for Cullman Center Fellowship
The Cullman Center Fellowship 2020 is available for international and locals applicants or candidates in the United States
Scholarship Number for Cullman Center Fellowship
The Cullman Center’s Selection Committee awards up to 15 fellowships a year.
Eligibility for ScholarshipCullman Center Fellowship
Any candidates applying for this must meet the following requirements, and here they are:
- Have a previous degree.
- Those whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- The Cullman Center’s Selection Committee awards up to 15 fellowships a year to outstanding scholars and writers—academics, independent scholars, journalists, and creative writers. Foreign nationals conversant in English are welcome to apply.
- Candidates who need to work primarily in The New York Public Library’s other research libraries—the Library for the Performing Arts, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, and the Science, Industry and Business Library—are not eligible for this fellowship, nor are people seeking funding for research leading directly to a degree.
- The Cullman Center looks for top-quality writing from academics as well as from creative writers and independent scholars. It aims to promote dynamic communication about literature and scholarship at the very highest level—within the Center, in public forums throughout the Library, and in the Fellows’ published work.
Application Procedures for Cullman Center Fellowship
In order to get the application form, you can click on the link Application Form.
These are the necessary documents:
- Online Application Form
- Letter of Acceptance from Higher Education Institutions Abroad
- Letter of Acceptance from International Advisors
- QS World University Rankings
- Official English Version
Application Deadline for Cullman Center Fellowship
The application for the 2021-2022 fellowship competition will be available in June with a strict deadline of September 25, 2020.