There is a Fully Funded Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students, The European Union (EU) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are inviting international students for the Scholarship Programme. This special partnership with the European Union allows us to empower talented students to pursue their chosen careers and exchange invaluable insights and experience.
About Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students
The purpose of the scholarship is to enhance the overall student experience during the mobility phase, and specifically their experience in receiving credits for the coursework done abroad and the possibility to use these credits towards their degree at their home university.
Level/Field of study
Scholarships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period 1 February and 1 March 2020. The scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The host nationality Scholarship is in Singapore.
Citizens of ASEAN students who are eligible to apply are: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia
Number of Scholarships
Approximately 500 scholarships are available, of which 400 scholarships are allocated for intra-ASEAN mobility and 100 scholarships for ASEAN-EU mobility.
The SHARE Scholarship covers tuition fees (waived by the universities), a monthly stipend/living allowance, return airfare, health insurance, a one-time settling-in allowance, study materials, and visa costs throughout the duration of the program.
Eligibility for Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students
- The SHARE Scholarship is meant for active undergraduate ASEAN students from selected ASEAN Universities that have completed at least 2 semesters at their home university to study for one semester at another selected ASEAN university.
- Exchange students can come from all ASEAN countries. Students from the ASEAN Member States, except for Brunei Darussalam and Singapore, are eligible for receiving scholarship funds from this program in line with the Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI) Regulation.
However, students from Brunei and Singapore can participate in the mobility program at their own cost.
College Admission Requirement
- Candidate should have completed at least two (2) semesters at their home university
- The candidate must be a national of an ASEAN Member State
- Candidate should be a student of a participating university
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Important documents for this scholarship
- Letter of acceptance from the host university (Candidates can only apply for a scholarship for selected English-taught courses)
- Letter of endorsement from home university
- Recent academic transcript (in English)
- Copy of valid passport
- Recent photograph (passport size)
Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students Application Deadline
The application deadline for submitting the SHARE Scholarship Programme is 1 February/1 March 2020. This is the scholarship link below: