Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Program application for 2020/2021 is ready. The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in collaboration with Canon Collins Trust is inviting applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland which is going to start in September.
What You Need To Know About the MSc Fellowships
Abdul Kader Asmal was a politician in South Africa. He was a professor of human rights at the University of the Western Cape, chairman of the council of the University of the North and vice-president of the African Association of International Law. He made so much contribution to education, which was the reason the institution was named after him.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is available for Masters Fellowship in the following field. The fellowship program has two threads:
- A) Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Management; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
- B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
- LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
Host Nationality for Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships:
The scholarship is hosted in South Africa.
It is for the South African students only.
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Benefit:
It covers the following:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance, and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Eligibility
Applicants must have all these:
- be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate program in one of the above-listed subject areas
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year 2020/2021
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland – if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships Application Procedure
Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships application deadline
Scholarship Application Deadline: 21st December annually