Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is part of the scholarships provided by Victoria University of Wellington for New Zealand and for international students. It is available for all students who are after obtaining a graduate degree for the year 2020. This scholarship worth over $5,000 and this can be what you have been in search of to take your scholarship to the next level. This post is to offer you detail information about the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship 2020 and how you can successfully apply.
About Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The top aim of this institution is to offer high quality, adequate training and educational privilege that can suit the various needs of the students. Victoria University has a tradition of cultivating powerful worldwide links in research and teaching and programs of national value and international quality.
Read Also: Science@Leuven Scholarship 2020 in Belgium
As a principal applicant, applicants must have written an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where they gained an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or over in the IELTS General or Academic Module
Level/Field of Study
The Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is for those longing for a graduate programme. The scholarship is available to learn any of the courses that are being offered by the university.
The Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is hosted in New Zealand.
The eligible nations for the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship are students from New Zealand and International students from other countries. you can browse through our list of scholarship by country to select any scholarship for a particular country you wishes to study in.
These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree program up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit and the number of scholarships varies.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The intended program must include at least 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- These scholarships are not available for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four year undergraduate degree program e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be considered if it is recognized as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points; the additional points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a related subject.
- Victoria Graduate Awards shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points; the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
- These scholarships are awarded based on the funds available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Holding a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrolment in their intended Honours or Masters program.
- The Awards are for domestic tuition fees only whilst studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
How to Apply For Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
Applicants that haven’t completed all of their study at Victoria University must:
An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
* Enrolling as an Honours or Masters student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Award are two separate processes. The holding of a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrollment into their intended Honours or Masters program.
Deadline For Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The deadline for the application of the scholarship is November Yearly.